Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thursday, 3 February

Ursula was back from Germany with her baby quilt. These little animals all appliqued and Ursula used asew as you quilt method. Plenty of animal names to learn for babies.

This is the quilt's back. You can clearly see all animals from the back.

These beautiful bags made of Ann's book by Susan. Lovely fabrics and she used her decorative stitches around bags. I really would like to make this one.

In the afternoon Anabela came to show us what she learnt from Houston quilt show. Sashiko is my favourite stitches. This made in a special sashiko machine, and it has only one ending. Lovely, I will be very happy is Anabela teaches me sashiko. I know all techinques because I read some books on sashiko but still happy to be taught by someone.

This is another method of sew as you quilt or quilt as you sew. Looks complicated but Anabela said it is so easy.

Batik, these beauties arrived last week at Anabela's shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails