Friday, April 23, 2010

Football for South Africa

In my favourite fashion magazine "Burda Style", I found an invitation to join in to campaign to make a football for "South Africa". The magazine is having this charity performance due to the Football World Cup Championship in South Africa in this year's summer. I am not a big football fan and I never before thought of sewing a ball!

But I liked the idea, that Hubert Burda Media is going to donate 10 euros for every ball that is arriving in the publishing house in Munich to the foundation of Christian Liebig (Christian-Liebig-Stifung). So I thought by myself, it would be nice to have part in the set up that they want to make of all the balls, that they hope will arrive from 90 countries, where Burda Style is published. At least one ball from Portugal is there now also.

Above all, one lucky sender of one football can win one Pfaff Coverlock 3.0 mashine.

So I made my ball, and to my surprise I found it so much fun to sew this! It was really a most pleasing and " to have fun-project", so I made two balls. One to take part in the project of Burda Style and the other one for my daughter's godson.

This one is for Burda, the fabrics are from Buttinette. The combination of stone and grass is maybe a little bit odd, but also I like the way of Nature that it is always succeeding to find a way to surface in men-built objects (such as my driveway,............ this looks the same).

For the ball for Paul Matthias I used my hand dyed fabrics. I wanted it to be with colours but also to follow a certain pattern. For this I had to use some brainstorming and I had to buy a cheap plastic ball
to see how the colours would come.


This is the sewing pattern. (Burda Style 04/2010)

Somehow this is clear that it is going to be a ball, isn't it??



Text and photos Ursula


1 comment:

  1. Lindo o trabalho de vocês, um forte abraço e Jesus abençoe a todas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails