Thursday, April 15, 2010

Craft bloggers

My name’s Jenny Fox-Proverbs, and I’m a crafty fox 24/7, at work and at home.

By day I’m an Acquisitions Editor for David & Charles Publishers, based in lovely Devon (I’m originally from Greenock, a town a few miles NW of the amazing city of Glasgow). I find craft authors, follow craft trends, propose ideas and get out and about, all in the name of creating fab craft books that sell around the world.

By night, I love to sew – I’m a huge fabric lover, and have a fabric stash that grows faster than I can cut it up and stitch it back together.

When I’m not acquiring and sewing, I can be found hanging out with Mr Fox, spoiling my two 10 year-old moggies (Tab and ‘The Bear’ – I’ve had them since they were tiny kittens), attempting to practise yoga, reading (I love murder ‘n’ mayhem thrillers, much to Mr Fox’s consternation) and generally yakking/tweeting/blogging/facebooking with friends and family.

I’m interested in hearing from fellow crafters and anyone involved in the business on any level. It’s such an exciting place to be, but needs crafters to keep communicating with each other and the rest of the world. Hopefully the mass production of the past 50 years or so will be a tiny blip on a much bigger picture, and we’re getting back on track with handmade.

So that’s me – a Scots girl in Devon looking to share, exchange and explore ideas and thoughts about love, life, craft and the universe!


http://sewcraftyfox.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails