Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ann's Spiral quilt

Yesterday Portuguese celebrated 25 April's revolution or carnation revolution.  In 1974 on that day Portuguese Salazar regime was overthrown with a military and students help.  Salazar was on head of the state since 1933.  This morning I had my Portuguese lesson before quilting and I learnt more about the revolution.  With this day song called Depois de Adeus sung by Paulo Carvalho is very famous.  Very nice words. I have to admit a bit of Portuguese fado words are there.  Another song Grandola Vila Morena is famous too.

Anyway, a bit of history.  Compared to yesterday the weather was much better, no rain, no cold.  Ann brought her spiral quilt to sandwich.  Irene, her Dutch friend was here to help us to sandwich.  Now she has to start quilting.


Having two little girls makes me to try new crafts.  After two weeks of youtubing and buying books I managed to make this little amigurumi - a little cute crochet toy.  Amigurumi originated from Japan and they are soo kawaii. It looks like a pig but supposed to be a little chic.
 

I made more bags and still making new ones.  Last night I was until midnight in my little room trying to make a new bag. Unfortunately, all measurements went wrong and I have to start over again.  Photo of a new bag later but for now these ones.  Tried not to have shadows but could not manage.  I have to improve my photography skills - sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails